Friday, March 5, 2010

Sign Language

So for Father's Day 2008 (pre-Olivia), I got JB a book about baby sign language. Of course, it make a great conversation piece in our living room but that's about all the use it has received. Last year, I noticed the same book at day care so I was ready to break it out again if I noticed any activity coming home. Well, this week it happened! She signed "more" on the way to school on Monday and I about drove off the road. Okay, maybe not, because I was still parked in the garage. Luckily, that was one of the few words I knew so I could actually acknowledge what she wanted. I got a sheet at day care last night to figure out which ones they practice daily and went over them last night. She copied me after I did the sign for "please" too! What a smartie!

She is progressing on words too. I think these are the ones I can think of that I understand when she says them:

cracker
diaper
apple
more
eat
ball
eye
cat

No comments:

Post a Comment